REGISTER INFO & PRICING SCHEDULE HOTEL & TRAVEL VOLUNTEER EXHIBIT
June 22 - 25, 2017
Grand Hyatt Atlanta, GA
Make It Happen! The Safest Dental Visit™ is OSAP's annual educational conference; a richly constructed conference combining world class education with valuable networking activities. You will leave with new information, resources and products to help you better address your infection prevention and safety challenges. You also will meet new colleagues who share your interest in this critically important topic area.
After attending the 2017 OSAP Annual Conference, participants will be able to:
- Describe current and emerging issues related to infection prevention and safety in oral healthcare settings;
- List new resources, tools and networks to optimize compliance;
- Identify important attributes to develop and enhance global leadership for the optimal delivery of infection prevention and safety.
- Board and committee meetings
- Optional tour of David Senser CDC Museum at CDC Headquarters
- Preconference programs for educators, consultants and corporate members (included in registration)
- Opening wine & cheese reception
- Dr. John S. Zapp Memorial Keynote Lecture featuring nationally known expert
- Regulations/Recommendations Panel
- Emerging and Reemerging Diseases
- Late-breaker (topic to be announced on May 1)
- Lessons Learned from a Recent Outbreak in California
- Concurrent sessions addressing 3 tracks
- Annual "fun"-d raising auction
- Policy development session addressing dental unit waterline testing
- Jenn's Vision - a personal insight into patient safety
- Sterilization and Disinfection Technologies update
- "Pecha Kucha" - rapid-paced introduction to 5 key infection control topics followed by drill-down discussions on 2 topics of choice
- Concurrent sessions and workshops addressing specific skills infection preventionists require
- Closing plenary session
- Optional tour of Atlanta and dinner at one of the top 25 tourist attractions in the United States!
Back to Top
Back by popular demand are the optional pre-session workshops. These workshops are complimentary to OSAP Annual Conference registrants but attendees must sign-up to ensure their seat is reserved.
- Joint Educators/Consultants Overview. 1.5 hour session that "sets the stage" on how to address a universal conundrum in infection control and safety. Everyone is invited to attend.
- Educators' Breakout: this 1-hour session is specially designed by and for educators who teach infection control and safety in oral healthcare institutions. The round table session offers a supportive environment to discuss common conundrums and practice the techniques demonstrated in the previous lecture. Additionally, potential lecture content and curriculum design for patient safety will be described.
- Consultants' Breakout: Infection control consultants (and those who are exploring this career option) gather to share insights, address common challenges and help each other achieve greater success and impact.
- Corporate Forum: this is an annual opportunity for OSAP Corporate members to hear about OSAP's future plans for its corporate community as well as provide valuable feedback to the OSAP Board of Directors.
Back to Top
Workshop to advance knowledge-based competency in dental infection control. Certification expert Cindy Durley, will lead an interactive workshop assessing needs in support of and addressing best practices for infection control education. Attendance is limited and participants will be expected to complete a pre-conference environmental scan survey to ensure a rich discussion advancing the dental infection control certification initiative. This workshop is free for OSAP Annual Conference attendees however participants must register in order to receive the prework required to fully participate.
OSAP is pleased to welcome World Class infection prevention and safety experts to its 2017 Annual Conference. The complete list of faculty will be available March 15.
Back to Top
Continuing Dental Education
OSAP is an ADA Continuing Education Recognition Program (CERP) Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
OSAP designates this activity for up to 18 continuing education credits.
Participants requesting professional continuing education credits will receive a CE verification form to record the CE numbers for the specific courses they attend. To receive continuing education credit, participants must sign in at the conference, attend the sessions, record the assigned CE number for each lecture attended (note: CE verification numbers are announced at the end of each session), and complete the required evaluation forms. Attendees maintain their CE verification form as proof of participation in the educational programming.
All participating faculty are expected to disclose to the audience any significant financial interest or other relationship with:
- the manufacturer of any commercial products and/or provider of commercial services discussed in an educational presentation and
- any commercial supporters of the activity.
The Scientific Program of the 2017 OSAP Annual Conference is planned and presented by the OSAP Educational Program Committee to provide attendees with a relevant and rewarding continuing educational experience. However, neither the content of a course nor the use of specific products in lectures or workshops should be construed as indicating endorsement or approval by OSAP of the views presented or the products used.
Speakers and authors of CE activities are required to present a balanced view of therapeutic options, use generic names of products whenever possible, and refrain from marketing or promoting any products or commercial services. Speakers and authors of CE activities are required to disclose to participants any financial, commercial, or promotional interest in a product or company that may influence their presentations. However, OSAP shall not be liable for a speaker's failure to disclose such interest.
Please be advised that courses, speakers or scheduling may change without notice.
Back to Top
The current economy is forcing everyone to carefully manage budgets. Meeting attendance is especially scrutinized to ensure the investment of time and money is worth the price.
OSAP has assembled materials to help participants prepare a thoughtful justification that clearly demonstrates the value of attending the 2017 OSAP Annual Conference. Click HERE to download the Annual Conference Justification Toolkit.
Back to Top
| *Early Bird*
| After 3/31/17
|| After 5/15/17
| OSAP Member
| Additional Attendees from Same Facility
| Hotel rate @ $199/night + taxes/fees (3 nights)
Policies and Permissions
Please note there will be a $25 substitution fee for any change made to registrations.
Deadline for hotel and course registration is May 30, 2017
Cancellations received in writing by May 30, 2017 are eligible for a refund minus a 20% administrative fee.
Cancellations received after May 30, 2017 are not eligible for refunds regardless of reason including, but not limited to, death, illness, acts of God, flight cancellations. All NO SHOWS will be charged/invoiced for the full registration fee. No refunds will be issued. No exceptions.
OSAP offers registrants contact information to facilitate networking after the course. By registering, you give OSAP permission to include your name and contact name in the list. If you do not wish to be included in the list, email your exclusion request to email@example.com by May 30, 2017.
OSAP takes photos during the course. By registering, you give OSAP permission to use any images taken at the course in which you appear, as well as any written comments you submit on evaluation forms.
Back to Top