|OSHA & CDC Guidelines: Interact Training System
TRAINING SYSTEM | ORDER WORKBOOK | CE |
The Training System
The OSHA Regulations and CDC Guidelines Interact Training System helps dental healthcare personnel (DHCP) understand the health and safety considerations established by government guidelines and regulations. The workbook is designed to train DHCP to develop safe working habits through practical application.
Each chapter in the course is sequenced to include:
- explanation and references on a wide array of infection control and related health and safety issues. In each chapter, there are fill-in-the-blank exercises designed to familiarize the participant with locations and procedures specific to the practice and to aid in comprehension (NOTE: each employee participating in the training should have their own workbook);
- discussion: the practice's Exposure Control Manager and/or employer will discuss and clarify any aspect of the material presented, demonstrate any particular procedures used in the practice and show the location of resources, equipment and materials; and
- documentation: after each chapter there is a short self-assessment test to highlight the key points in each lesson and to evaluate the participant's knowledge of the practice's procedures. This signed test serves as the practice's training record and must be kept in the personnel file for three years, to meet the US Department of Labor's Occupational Safety and Health Administration's (OSHA) training requirements.
The 10 chapters in the Interact Training System are:
- Occupational Exposure - why you need to be careful
- Personal Protection - barriers for everyone
- A Practical Program for Exposure Control - your daily procedures
- Instrument Reprocessing - cleaning, packaging, sterilization
- Product Selection - cost effective product selection
- Written Procedures - policies, procedures and record-keeping
- Hazard Communication (HAZCOM) - The Hazard Communication Standard
- Medical Waste Disposal - handling, packaging, transport and records
- Pulling it All Together - integrated office management
Back to Top
To order a copy of the Interact Workbook, click HERE.
10 Hours of CE Credit are available after successful completion of this training system. Additional grading fee applies.
OSAP is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
Concerns or complaints about a CE provider may be directed to the provider or to ADA CERP at ADA.org/goto/cerp.
Please email the OSAP central office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1(410) 571-0003 if you wish to be in contact with the course authors with any questions or for clarification of course concepts or for technical assistance in completing this training program.
After completing the Interact Workbook, click HERE to purchase access to the online test.
Back to Top