Despite measures to educate the public about the dangers of elemental mercury, spills continue to occur in homes, schools, health care facilities, and other settings, endangering the public’s health and requiring costly cleanup. Mercury is most efficiently absorbed by the lungs, and exposure to high levels of mercury vapor after a release can cause cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, headaches, and visual disturbances (1).
OSAP Disclaimer | Please notify our webmaster of any problems with this website. OSAP thanks its Super Sponsors for their support in 2017. Sponsorship does not imply endorsement by OSAP of a company's products or services.