OVERVIEW | SUCCESSES | FOUNDATION BOARD OF DIRECTORS | DONATE
Learn More About the 2016 "Fun"d Raiser Auction
The OSAP Foundation is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt educational foundation that supports education, research, service, and policy development to promote safety and the control of infectious diseases in dental healthcare settings worldwide.
- Founded in 1996
- Tax ID #52-1963109
Global events such as terrorist attacks, hurricanes, tsunamis and earthquakes, climactic changes, and forced migrations of major populations will continue to impact the world, and with it, the need for science-based information and education to address disease transmission and safety issues.
OSAP, with its nimble business model of a small centralized office and effective use of national and international experts, consultants, member volunteers, governmental agencies, other associations,industry andadvisory groups such as the Friends of OSAP, has worked proactively to identify and address current and emerging issues. For example, the organization has:
- Uploaded Guide for Safety and Infection Control for Oral Healthcare Missions for 24-7 use as free service to those in need
- Instituted specialized webpages as information toolkits for the dental profession including:
As a non-governmental organization, the OSAP Foundationhas been able to leverage its resources with these and other national and international organizations.
Click on Lily
the FREE CDC
Back to Top
The leadership of the Foundation is 100% committed to achieving the vision of the organization. Over the past several years, the OSAP Foundation has worked toward three main goals to achieve its vision of safe dental care for people everywhere. A summary of successes to-date follows.
Develop and implement innovative strategies to improve the transfer of current, accurate scientific information to dental care providers and the public. To that end, OSAP has developed and introduced:
- A user-friendly website offering information, education, and assistance (www.OSAP.org)
- A process to quickly answer practitioner and patient questions on dental infection control, with answers accessible to all via OSAP.org's "Frequently Asked Questions".
- The web-based News Updates to gather and provide daily links to breaking infection control stories.
- OSAP's Travelers' Guide to Safe Dental Care (available in print and online)
- The If Saliva Were Red training system, with video and trainer's guide.
- The comprehensive workbook CDC Guidelines: From Policy to Practice By OSAP.
- A six-module on-line training course covering the CDC Guidelines for Infection Control in Dental Health-Care Setting - 2003 funded by the National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) through the Cooperative Agreement. This course is complimentary (FREE) to all. The only cost associated with this program is for an optional exam to obtain continuing education credits.
- A special 55-page supplement to Compendium of Continuing Dental Education on 2003 CDC guidelines.
- OSAP's 51-page Guide for Safety and Infection Control for Oral Healthcare Missions.
- Two successful global summits to identify and address needs through training programs and materials.
- A broad publication strategy that has placed more than 91 articles in 12 U.S. and international journals.
In addition, OSAP has:
Back to Top
Foundation Board of Directors
OSAP Foundation Board of Directors
2016 "Fun"d Raising Auction
OSAP’s biggest fundraiser of the year is its charity auction held during the OSAP Annual Conference in June (June 2 – 5 in San Diego, CA). The organization has been working especially hard to amplify messaging on compliance with safe infection control practices and depends on the auction for needed funding for new resources.
Whether or not you plan to attend the conference, you can help by donating a new, unused item or service for the auction. Popular donations include unique jewelry, hand-crafted items, gourmet baskets, vacation home rentals, tickets to events, electronics, items representing home states or countries, coffee table books, kid’s items, unique neck ties, golf items and more.
Please help OSAP continue its good work by donating an item or making a monetary contribution TODAY.
Back to Top
Please help the OSAP Foundation continue to deliver science-based information and education to dental care settings globally. Donations to the OSAP Foundation are gratefully accepted. Please click here if you would like to make a contribution.
Back to Top