|COMPLIANCE TECHNOLOGIES COLLOQUY|
1. Latest Technology to Monitor Compliance with Hand Hygiene
In the international healthcare community, clinicians, educators, and administrators are exploring innovative technological solutions to increase compliance with hand hygiene standards. This session will describe what is currently available and review if it makes a significant difference in compliance and patient outcomes.
2. Use of Mobile Devices to Develop and Strengthen Dental Students Competencies in Bio-security and Infection Control
Mobile/Handheld devices such as iPods, iPads and mobile phones can be used in higher education to teach different topics and to reach specific learning outcomes. Mobile Learning can be used to improve student awareness about occupational risks in dentistry, and to strengthen competencies regarding infection control guidelines and protocols.
After attending this program, participants should be able to:
- To identify the current availability of equipment to monitor compliance with hand hygiene.
- To forecast this use of technology as making an impact on health care.
- To recognize the potential as well as the limitations of this approach.
- Identify the uses of mobile learning to motivate dental students to comply with infection control protocols.
- Describe the use of mobile devices in dentistry to develop innovative educational resources for infection control education.
- Design a mobile learning strategy/assignment to improve IC competencies in dental students, faculty or professionals.