MISSION | OBJECTIVES
OSAP's Continuing Education Program Mission
OSAP's ORGANIZATIONAL MISSION is to be the world’s leading provider of education that supports safe dental visits.
It's Single Overriding Communications Objective (SOCO) is that OSAP improves the world through advocacy and education for infection prevention in oral healthcare...because safety matters.
The MISSION OF ITS CONTINUING EDUCATION PROGRAM is to prepare and advance its members and others in oral healthcare in supporting evidence-based infection prevention and occupational safety policies and practices by offering a comprehensive menu of programming from entry-level orientation on cross-infection to advanced symposia on emerging and future issues.
OSAP's Continuing Education Program Objectives
- Offer a foundation-building infection control course and a cutting edge infection prevention and safety symposium annually:
Based on member and other target audience data, continue to expand line of on-line CE self-study courses, supplemental training support in CD-DVD formats, and notification of other applicable programming developed by governmental and/or other reputable sources.
- CORE Infection Control & Safety Boot Camp, a three-day program that provides a solid foundation of infection control principles and practices for those responsible for infection control. The next course will be January 12-14, 2015 in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Infection Prevention and Safety Symposium providing cutting edge information and education on current and emerging issues of concern, assistance in developing solutions to infection control and safety challenges, and networking opportunities with experts and colleagues on common issues. Mark your calendar to attend the OSAP Symposium May 28-30, 2015 in Baltimore, Maryland!
Develop alliances with organizations whose constituencies are most active in the provision of infection control and safety practices to offer evidence-based education and/or support of existing educational programming.
Position Infection Control in Practice self-study publication to provide increased context for enhanced comprehension and more effective application of evidence-based infection control and safety practices.
- American Dental Assistants Association (ADAA): support of infection control education at ADAA's annual conference; internet link to OSAP website pages on emerging issues such as "Novel Influenza A (H1N1) Virus Resources for Dental Professionals".
- Dental Assisting National Board (DANB): OSAP representative on test construction committee for Infection Control Exam (ICE) for certified dental assistants.
- American Dental Hygienists Association (ADHA): support of infection control education at ADHA's annual conference; internet link to OSAP website pages on emerging issues such as "Novel Influenza A (H1N1) Virus Resources for Dental Professionals".
If you are an OSAP member in good standing and wish to become a member of the OSAP Educational Advisory Committee, please contact Therese Long.