PROGRAM | SCHEDULE | FACULTY | CONTINUING DENTAL EDUCATION | REGISTER | TRAVEL
OSAP has selected national and international experts in infection prevention and safety who also are excellent speakers. Q&A is built into each day’s agenda for attendees to ensure they have an opportunity to get all their questions answered. Plus attendees will have the option to test their comprehension of the material to help verify competency with this important curriculum.
Back to Top
Monday - Building Blocks
- Microbiology/Antibiotic Resistance
- Elements of a dental personnel health program
- Preventing transmission of bloodborne pathogens
- Hand hygiene, PPE, latex allergy
- Environmental infection control
- Waste management
- Dental unit waterlines and other devices attached to air and waterlines
Tuesday - Instrument Processing Drill-down
- Principles of cleaning, disinfection, sterilization
- Contaminated instrument handling
- Sterile processing department design
- Cleaning and disinfection of instruments
- Packaging patient-care items
- Sterilization methods and monitoring
- Single-use items and implants
- Instrument decontamination in austere environments
- Pitfalls of instrument processing and recent breaches in the news
- Differences between medical and dental standards
Wednesday - Application
- OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens/Hazard Communication Standards
- Miscellaneous dental infection control issues
- Addressing infection control challenges in medically compromised patients
- Implementing patient safety/risk management principles
- Evidence-based product evaluation
- Emerging pathogens and pandemic preparedness for oral healthcare
- Infection control program management
- Dental infection prevention & safety checklist
Thursday - Special Breakout Sessions for Air Force Personnel Only
Click here for agenda: COURSE AGENDA
Back to Top
Click here for faculty: SPEAKER LIST
Back to Top
Continuing Dental Education
OSAP is an ADA Continuing Education Recognition Program (CERP) provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry.
OSAP designates this activity for up to 24 continuing education credits.
Participants requesting professional continuing education credits will receive a CE verification form to record the CE numbers for the specific courses they attend. To receive continuing education credit, participants must sign in at the conference, attend the sessions, record the assigned CE number for each lecture attended (note: CE verification numbers are announced at the end of each session), and complete the required evaluation forms. Attendees maintain their CE verification form as proof of participation in the educational programming.
All participating faculty are expected to disclose to the audience any significant financial interest or other relationship with:
- The manufacturer of any commercial products and/or provider of commercial services discussed in an educational presentation and
- Any commercial supporters of the activity.
The Scientific Program of the 2014 OSAP CORE Infection Control Boot Camp is planned and presented by the OSAP Educational Program Committee to provide attendees with a relevant and rewarding continuing educational experience. However, neither the content of a course nor the use of specific products in lectures or workshops should be construed as indicating endorsement or approval by OSAP of the views presented or the products used.
Speakers and authors of CE activities are required to present a balanced view of therapeutic options, use generic names of products whenever possible, and refrain from marketing or promoting any products or commercial services. Speakers and authors of CE activities are required to disclose to participants any financial, commercial, or promotional interest in a product or company that may influence their presentations. However, OSAP shall not be liable for a speaker's failure to disclose such interest.
Pleased be advised that courses, speakers or scheduling may change without notice.
Back to Top
Course Registration Fees:
- OSAP Members and Government: $300
- Nonmembers: $450
Deadlines for hotel and course registration:
- Friday, December 20, 2013
- After December 20, 2013, there will be a $75 surcharge to register if space is available.
Cancellations received in writing by December 20, 2013 are eligible for a refund. A $75 administrative fee will be applied to all refunds. Cancellations received after December 20, 2013 are not eligible for refunds.
If you require special accommodations to participate in the 2014 OSAP CORE Infection Control Boot Camp, please include a description of your needs along with your registration.
OSAP offers registrants contact information to facilitate networking after the course. By registering, you give OSAP permission to include your name and contact name in the list. If you do not wish to be included in the list, email your exclusion request to email@example.com by December 20, 2013.
OSAP takes photos during the course. By registering, you give OSAP permission to use any images taken at the course in which you appear, as well as any written comments you submit on evaluation forms.
If you have questions about the program, logistics, or registration:
Phone: +1 (410) 571-0003 | Tollfree in US/Canada: +1 (800) 298-6727 | Fax: +1 (410) 571-0028
Mailing Address: PO Box 6297 | Annapolis, MD 21401
Back to Top
Click HERE for details on location, hotel, transportation and more.
Back to Top