Goal of ICIP
Infection Control in
(ICIP) is OSAP’s bi-monthly newsletter. It is targeted to the dental assistant/dental
nurse and is intended to both inform and develop the reader's ability to lead initiatives related to infection prevention, patient safety and occupational safety in a dental setting.Theme for 2011 - Empowering Yourself and Others
Building on to ICIP's successful scenario format, the editorial in 2011 will add a development component. After each scenario and potential consequences, a section on "empowering yourself and others" will be introduced. This new feature will include suggested language and examples specifically designed to encourage the dental assistant/dental nurse in how to implement the information and education to improve the practice.Editorial Review Board (ERB) Role in 2011
OSAP’s goal of producing a high-quality publication that helps members stay
abreast of current and emerging issues and trends in dental infection
prevention, patient safety and occupational safety.
- How? By:
- Reviewing the draft content for accuracy, relevancy and clarity – in other words, the substantive measure of the work. You are not expected to mark language,
grammar, or punctuation errors; reviewers’ duties are more reflective and
analytical with serious concentration on content, not language.
Publication Titles and Deadlines for ERB and IEC Input
as an advocate of the reader.
- How? By:
- Contributing language, examples and suggestions designed to empower the dental assistant/dental nurse to successfully implement or integrate the information and education contained in the bi-monthly content.
- ISSUE ONE: Take action to stay healthy
- Deadline for review and input: Friday, February 11
- ISSUE TWO: Limit the spread of contamination
- Deadline for review and input: Friday, March 11
- ISSUE THREE: Avoid blood and contaminated fluids
- Deadline for review and input: Friday, May 13
- ISSUE FOUR: Make and keep objects safe for use
- Deadline for review and input: Friday, July 15
- ISSUE FIVE: Making the most of Infection Prevention Month
- Deadline for review and input: Friday, September 16
- FINAL ISSUE: Frequently Asked Questions
- Deadline for review and input: Friday, October 14