2011 Federal Dental Services Infection Control Course
The 10th Annual Dental Infection Control Course co-sponsored by the United States Air Force and OSAP for Federal Dental Service personnel. Civilians also are welcome to participate.The course runs from Monday through Thursday, January 10-13, 2011 in Atlanta, GA and offers 28 hours of CE credit.
- Verify competency in dental infection control and safety principles;
- Provide the latest information on the implementation and management of effective infection control and occupational health and safety programs for dental settings emphasizing infectious diseases and occupational risks associated with dentistry;
- Ensure participants understand and can implement behavioral change theory in their training endeavors; and
- Achieve a consistent level of competency among dental infection control trainers.
Federal Dental Services dentists, hygienists, dental assistants and laboratory technicians who have been assigned responsibility in infection control and occupational health/safety.
This course also is applicable to large civilian dental practices, Health Maintenance Organizations, dental insurers, dental manufacturer sales/marketing staff, dental infection control consultants, faculty of dental schools, dental hygiene and dental assisting programs, and infection control nurses who work closely with dental clinics.
In order to obtain maximum benefit from this course, it is suggested that all attendees have:
- A professional degree (DDS, DMD, RDH, MD, RN); or
- A minimum of an associates degree (preferably in healthcare or the life/health sciences); or
- Completed basic military dental assisting training with at least two years clinical experience; or
- Completed a civilian training program leading to either registration (RDA) or certification (CDA) with at least two years clinical experience.
PROGRAM AT A GLANCE
2011 Course Topics include:
Cleaning, Disinfection, Sterilization
Dental Laboratory Asepsis
Dental Operatory Asepsis
Dental Product Evaluation/USAF DECS
Dental Unit Water Quality
Health-Care Associated Infection Surveillance
Mercury Hygiene/Amalgam Waste Issues
Occupational Allergies in Dentistry
IC SNAPSHOTS: MRSA &TB Updates, Disinfection Update, Special IC Considerations
Service Breakout Sessions (including one for civilians for in-depth Q&A)
TRAVEL & DESTINATION INFORMATION
The deadline to register as an attendee for both the hotel and the Infection Control Course is Monday January 3, 2011. No registrations will be accepted after January 3.
Exhibitor registration deadlines are different. Exhibitors, please see information at bottom of page.
- Continuing Education (CE) Credits are awarded at the conclusion of the program to participants who have attended all programming including service breakouts.
- Professional behavior of all attendees and manufacturer representatives is expected at this dental meeting. Disruptive or discourteous behavior will not be tolerated.
- Attire for Federal Services attendees:
- Air Force: Service Dress
- Army: 1st day: Class A's; 2nd & 3rd days: Class B's; Last day is a travel day so civilian attire is authorized.
- Coast Guard: Service Dress Blue for the first day; Tropical Blue Long for the remaining days; Last day is a travel day so civilian attire is authorized.
- Navy: 1st day: Dress Blues; 2nd & 3rd days: Working Uniform; Last day: Business Casual.
- Public Health Service: Service Dress Blue for the first day; Summer Blue (Salt and Pepper) for remaining days; Last day is a travel day so civilian attire is authorized.
- Attire for Civilian attendees: Business
January 3, 2011
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations received in writing by January 3, 2011 receive a full refund less a $25 administrative fee. Cancellations received after January 3, 2011 are not eligible for refunds. This cancellation policy does not apply to Federal Service Employees.
A Great Opportunity:
- All companies that produce and/or distribute quality infection control products are encouraged to participate in the 2011 Federal Dental Services Infection Control Course. A special VENDOR FAIR is built into the program and offers dedicated time to meet with the course attendees about your products.
- The Vendor Fair is scheduled on Wednesday, January 12 from 9 am until 12:30 pm.
- Companies also are encouraged to send their marketing personnel to the entire course; a special exhibitor discount is offered.
- Click HERE for an Exhibitor Information Package
- The deadline for Exhibitor Registration is Thursday, December 16, 2010