Guide for Safety and Infection Control
for Oral Healthcare Missions
Divided into five sections and 12 appendices, OSAP's Guide for Safety and Infection Control for Oral Healthcare Missions takes traveling dental team members from advance preparation through filing an after-action mission report, addressing team health and safety, infection control, and waste management and disposal along the way.
Checklists and forms from the book also are provided on the enclosed CD as editable Portable Document Format ("PDF” -- Acrobat Reader) files so you can email them to team members and complete them on your computer.
Sample forms and checklists include:
- Main Checklist to take users from initial trip planning to post homecoming paperwork
- Instrument Calculation Tool to find the right balance between supplies and patient load
- Site Evaluation Checklist to ensure safe, effective set-up
- Patient Medical Review Form for gathering pertinent patient information
- Worker Health Information Form for vaccination, health history, and emergency contact information
- Emergency Medical Release Form to ensure prompt medical treatment when needed
- Treatment for Exposures because proper management reduces the risk of disease transmission
- Exposure Follow-Up: Returning Home includes reminders for follow-up evaluation and testing
- Sterilization and High-Level Disinfection: Available Methods and Chemical Agents lists traditional and nontraditional means of making instruments safe for reuse
- Oral Care Humanitarian Mission Briefing to keep all team members organized and in the loop
- After-Action Mission Report to provide a record of trials and tribulations for consideration during planning of the next mission
- Selected Resources for aid workers around the world
Want more information? Check out some sample pages.
Order a copy today!