Goal of ICIP
Infection Control in Practice
(ICIP) is OSAP’s bi-monthly newsletter. It is targeted to the dental assistant/dental nurse and is intended to both inform and develop the reader's ability to lead initiatives related to infection prevention, patient safety and occupational safety in a dental setting.Theme for 2011 - Empowering Yourself and Others
Building on to ICIP's successful scenario format, the editorial in 2011 will add a development component. After each scenario and potential consequences, a section on "empowering yourself and others" will be introduced. This new feature will include suggested language and examples specifically designed to encourage the dental assistant/dental nurse in how to implement the information and education to improve the practice.International Editorial Consultants (IEC) Role in 2011
- Support OSAP’s goal of producing a high-quality publication that helps international members stay abreast of current and emerging issues and trends in dental infection prevention, patient safety and occupational safety.
Publication Titles and Deadlines for IEC Input
- How? By:
- Reviewing the draft content for accuracy, relevancy and clarity – in other words, the substantive measure of the work. You are not expected to mark language, grammar, or punctuation errors; reviewers’ duties are more reflective and analytical with serious concentration on content, not language.
- Serve as an advocate of readers outside the United States.
- How? By:
- Contributing information about the latest developments in infection control and occupational health and safety in your part of the world
- Reporting on outcomes of interest at significant meetings and conferences in which infection control and safety issues are presented
- Suggesting international experts and companies with whom OSAP can partner to help communicate our message of dental safety.
- Advise the Editor-in-Chief on how to improve ICIP and/or how ICIP may be better adapted for your region.
- ISSUE ONE: Take action to stay healthy
- Deadline for review and input: Friday, February 11
- ISSUE TWO: Limit the spread of contamination
- Deadline for review and input: Friday, March 11
- ISSUE THREE: Avoid blood and contaminated fluids
- Deadline for review and input: Friday, May 13
- ISSUE FOUR: Make and keep objects safe for use
- Deadline for review and input: Friday, July 15
- ISSUE FIVE: Making the most of Infection Prevention Month
- Deadline for review and input: Friday, September 16
- FINAL ISSUE: Frequently Asked Questions
- Deadline for review and input: Friday, October 14