|PRACTICAL INFECTION CONTROL COLLOQUY|
1. IP/OSHA Toolkit
Kay shares a comprehensive Infection Prevention & OSHA Toolkit for Dental Professionals and Trainers provided in a flash drive with accompanying directions. The toolkit is entirely paperless that can be placed on chairside computers for easy access. A training folder can be printed out for employee orientation. This toolkit can be used by beginners in dental infection prevention and seasoned practitioners alike both in education and consulting.
Some of what is included in the flash drive: Internet links to government agencies such as CDC and OSHA, Forms (Employee health immunizations, incident reports, OSHA training documentation), filled in OSHA plans including the new Hazard Communication Program Global Harmonizing System, etc. Note - the contents of the flash drive will be emailed to session participants via a file transfer program.
2. Making Infection Control Memorable
Ever feel like your students/audiences aren't excited about infection control and safety? Learn how to motivate by presenting your courses in a memorable and entertaining manner. Learn how to use hands-on experiences, games and demonstrations to drive your point home. You'll be the Mr/Ms Wizard by teaching in ways that will motivate the participants to strive for infection control excellence.
After attending this program, participants should be able to:
- Solve the issue of complexity in the preparation of Infection Prevention and OSHA programs using a minimum of effort
- Describe the benefits of adding an Infection Prevention Component to dental procedures
- Create an IP/OSHA program for their region, using the flash drive as a template
Making IC Memorable:
1. Convey a memorable message about Infection Control to others
2. Enhance presentation skills in large and small groups
3. Motivate individuals to take actionable steps to improve Infection Control