The Organization for Safety, Asepsis and Prevention (OSAP) welcomes attendees from around the world to our Infection Prevention and Safety Symposium to be held June 9-12, 2011 in Dallas, Texas, U.S.A.
This page is designed to help international attendees learn more about OSAP's global outreach, available resources, and ways to make the most of the conference experience.
Letters of Invitation
For many people, letters of invitation help smooth the visa process and we wish to support international attendees in their efforts to secure the needed travel documentation. However, in order to receive a letter of invitation, the conference organizers must have some assurance that you intend to attend the conference if your travel request is granted. Letters will be issued to those meeting any ONE of the following criteria:
1. You have been a member of OSAP since prior to 12/31/2010
2. You are scheduled to present at the annual conference
3. You have completed and paid for 2011 conference registration
4. You can provide evidence of your work or study in the field of evaluation.
If you require a letter of invitation in order to attend the annual conference, please email (indicate "invitation letter" in subject line) the following information to Therese Long in the OSAP office at email@example.com.
- An indication of which of the four criteria above you meet, including documentation of your work or study in the field of evaluation if you meet only criteria #4
- The full address that should appear on the letter
- The name and title of the person to whom the letter should be addressed
- Whether you prefer that the letter be faxed or emailed (and provide a fax number if that is preferred)
- Any other information that you believe is needed in order to process your request for a letter or to develop the letter of invitation.
Due to the costs involved, letters of invitation will be either faxed or emailed. We strongly encourage you to make your request at the earliest date possible. Requests received after March 31, 2011 are not guaranteed to be honored. Letters of invitation are sent within three working days of receipt of all requested information.